Swim Meet 101
- Send your swimmer with at least 2 towels for the meet—one to sit on and one or more to use
- Send your swimmer with games or something to keep them occupied during down time between events
- Apply sunscreen before and several times during the meet
- Have your swimmer stay in the designated Team Area
- Buy a Heat Sheet and help your swimmer keep track of events
- HAVE FUN!
Procedures for Home Meets
- Arrive at JPP by 7:00 am.
- Check the entries sheet and get “Event-Heat-Lane” assignments
- Assist your swimmer in writing down and remembering “Event – Heat – Lane” assignments
- Assist your swimmer in getting behind the blocks for their events
Procedures for Away Meets
- Arrive at the Away Pool by 8:00 am.
- Check in at the Team Area (differs depending upon Away Pool location)
- Assist your swimmer in writing down and remembering “Event-Heat-Lane” assignments
- Assist your swimmer in getting to the chairs behind the blocks
A Note about Heat Sheets
Heat Sheets are the “meet program” and list all of the events, heats, and lane assignments for the swim meet. Our relay teams will also have names on the Heat Sheet. While they are not required, we highly encourage everyone to get a Heat Sheet or at least share between families. Every swimmer should be on the Heat Sheet if you registered for the meet.